Wednesday, June 23, 2010

DANCE DANCE DANCE






"Dancing with the feet is one thing but dancing with the heart is another."

I went to the first night of Meaghan's dance recital tonight. My thoughts varied from moment to moment.

You're never to old to dance and to dream .. that was never more apparent than tonight .. she was at least 65 .. she danced to "We've Got Money" .. was cheered on by her fellow Redhatters .. shook it like she was 24 and was sooooo obviously having the time of her life!!

On the other end of the spectrum were Alexis and Emma .. couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 .. they were adorable!! They also took me back to what I would swear was yesterday when Meg was up on the stage at that same age!

Lawd, where has the time gone. Tonight was she doing her own make up .. was composed and confident on stage .. she i a young lady and a child all at the same time. She already danceswith the Competition Troupe and the travel all over the state and win consistently!!

Her group, of three, including a nice young man who seems to be quite taken by her (LOL), which I will never tell her I noticed, danced to New Shoes and then a bit later to Shake Your Booty. She was kick ass fanfuckintastic!! I am so proud of her .. I love you Meaghan!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment